Con-Treat's Acid Stains are a unique product in the Australian Decorative Flooring industry. Made with ethanol, they are the only Acid Stains on the market that are not made with Hydrochloric Acid, making them safer to use with no dangerous fumes ...!
Even though Con-Treat's Acid Stains are different in formulation from others, they still provide exactly the same marbled look and a natural finish. As they are formulated differently, they have the added benefit in that they do not produce as much residue, eliminating the need for neutralising.
Turn old concrete into a work of art, or take your new concrete project to a new level with Con-Treat's Acid Stains. Our Acid Stains provide you with one of the most unique looks in the decorative concrete industry and may be applied to new or existing concrete, stamped concrete, decorative overlays and virtually any cementitious substrate.
How colours appear on a grey background
How colours appear on a white background
*Please call 1300 044 625 for pricing
Con-Treat's "Acid Stains" are a reactive stain that contain no hydrocloric acid, therfore eliminating the need for neutralising. They do however require a mop with clean water to remove any residue. If you are using any other acid stain then neutralising will be required. Do NOT use baking soda to neutralise, only use a alkaline soap or if this is not available, use a mix of plain water (19ltr) and 2 cups of household amonia or bleach with a few good squirts of dishwashing detergent.
- When applying stains, always use all-plastic spray bottles.
- Always test your dilution concentrations to ensure you obtain the colour you're after.
- Test the sealer to see how the finished floor will look.
- DO NOT use hydrochloric acid to prepare the concrete.
* The above information is to be used as a guide only and Con-Treat accepts no responsibilty for any consequence resulting from the advice contained herein or verbally.